Saturday, May 12, 2007

Does that make me crazy?

I know what's good for me, well most of the times I do. But sometimes even when I know that something is good for me, I go the opposite way and do something else. For eg., right this very moment I should be immersed deeply inside 'A Course in Electrical Machine Design' by A K Sawhney but I'm right here surfing the net and writing posts for my blog. Tsk tsk tsk...but not really.

The end-semester exams start in 4 days and this is a subject for which I'm sure I'll be lucky if I even pass. And that is because I have not given it the due importance it deserves. And that is because it is so damn tough!! Anyways, I wasted the whole day today thinking about studying it. In the morning, I switched on the TV to look at the score of the India - Bangladesh match. As soon as I switched on, the player who had just completed his century was clean bowled. So obviuosly I switched the channel. Then I started watching some movie on another channel. I told myself that I'll watch it till 12 noon and then switch it off. But it got interesting. Dammit! Then I whiled away my time here and there giving myself stupid excuses to not start studying. Then came lunch, talked a while on the phone and when I finally sat down with the book, I fell asleep! I didn't sleep for very long though, but when I woke up I found something else to occupy my time and it went on and on like that.

And now there is no time left to study it because other subjects also have to be given time. I know that if I had studied today it would've done me a world of good. I also know for sure that I'm going to regret this later, and that something could still have been done. But instead, I chose to write this down. So I know that this is not going to do me any good, but still here I am. I must be crazy or is that just another stupid excuse?

1 comment:

I.D. said...

yeah. so totally true. reminds me of my instrumentation fundamentals exam.
i

Related Posts with Thumbnails