Friday, June 15, 2007

Drops From Heaven

It happened today. I was driving back home when it happened.

I had to get my training letter from NTPC. I had to drive there in the sweltering heat, without an AC because it had broken down before. When I got to the office, it was like someone breathed life into me. The place was centrally air-conditioned and it seemed like someone had turned it up to the max. It was so heavenly that I stayed for sometime after getting the letter. I sat down in the waiting areas and sipped cold water. Just the thought of leaving made me sweat. But leave I had to. So I mustered up some courage, and armed with another glass of water, stepped out. To my mildly pleasant surprise, the sun wasn't beating down on me. It was slightly overcast but still very hot. I thought to myself, 'He's just playing tricks on us, it's not going to rain. Hmph.' But I was wrong.

So I was driving back and sulking and wiping the sweat off my face and cursing the heat and stupid people who don't know how to drive and hoping against hope that it rains, when I saw a small drop of water on my windshield. It was followed by many more small drops. I raised my arms in celebration, while driving, and waited for more to come. Nothing much happened over the next five minutes. There was a traffic jam because a bus had broke down in the middle of the road. Aaaaaarggghhhh. Still no rain. Not even a drizzle. Just those few drops of false joy and excitement. Finally got through the jam and just when I was about to start sulking and cursing again, it did happen. It started pouring. Woohooo!! I extended my hand out the window and felt the divine drops from heaven. It felt cooler already. So I was all smiles for a change and feeling wonderful when I realized there was no music. I switched on the music system and Toxicity by System Of A Down blared through the speakers. Really not the right track for the mood. I hit the fast forward button. When I paused, Bon Jovi was screaming 'I wanna live my life everyday'. Naahh. I changed the side and Papa Roach was saying 'Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort!'. Still not it but my patience ran out so I decided to headbang along all the way home. It was fun.

What I really wanted to listen to was, Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by BJ Thomas. So I got home and I'm listening to it right now and singing along:

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

[trumpet]

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah rain
I love rain.

whats NTPC?
cool...I just took a picture today of the raindrops sliding down my window pane... will be uploading it soon...

yes...papa roach...last resort!
although...when it rains its definitely not the right song...
i was listening to this weird hindi song... don't remember the lyrics..but it had one english line.."on the roof...in the rain...on the roof...in the raaaain"

it was ..not the idea song..but it had to do..

seen "singing in the rain"?

Related Posts with Thumbnails