Thursday, August 14, 2008

Priceless

Have you ever done such a crazy thing with your friends which you will remember for the rest of your life and tell it to everyone who shows even the least bit of interest? I think I just did.

Rewind to day before yesterday, late evening time. We were heading back from a friend's delayed treat for his birthday(we gave him a small TV for his room and he loved it). We were talking about the upcoming birthdays when we realized that it was Nishtha's birthday the next day. She lives a 'bit far away' from the rest of us so it's not that easy to meet her that often. Most of the guys had to go to office and by the time they would get free it would be too late to go and come back.

Fast forward to 4.30 am on the next day. I wake up as soon as the alarm rings. I call Garima because I'm supposed to wake her up but to my pleasant surprise she sounds wide awake on the other end(a bit bored of waiting for the others to some extent too, !!). I laze around for a while because no one ever reaches on time these days. I get ready before time so I pick up the previous day's newspaper and head for the petrol pump(she lives a 'bit far away'). The 24 hour place opens at 6 am so I have to wait for fifteen more minutes. In the meantime the rest of the gang arrives. We fill our tanks and hit the road.

6.35 am. She's sound asleep and doubled up inside a bedsheet. I pull it off and she opens up her eyes just so much to see the ear-to-ear grin on my face. We all break into a song as soon as she jumps up from deep slumber into a wide eyed gaze of disbelief on finding all her friends(who could make it) surrounding her bed and singing "Happy Birthday to you". Then everyone just started laughing while Nishtha is still trying to figure out what the f*** is going on! She even asked us if she was dreaming!

Present day. Of all the things that happened in the space of that 10 hours from the time I came up with the idea("creative genius at work" - *exchanges a look with Sridhar hoping he gets it*) to actually going through with it to Nishtha's mom stuffing us with one of the heaviest breakfasts ever (*laughs with everyone else except Sridhar*), the only thing that truly stands out is the look on Nishtha's face when she woke up. It's very hard to describe but it was priceless!

Stauatory Warning to all of our friends: THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!

Points: 1000 points for everyone who went along with the plan without second thoughts.

I'l give myself points but that wouldn't be fair, some people might think I'm partial.

Oh, 1000 GOLD plated points to Abhinav Bindra for bringing home a gold medal after such a long time.

One-Liner: Today is the yesterday you worried about tomorrow.


1 comment:

nish said...

awwwwwwww!!!!!!!! i love u guys!!!!!!!!!! muaaaaaaah!!!! :)(*blushing*)

Related Posts with Thumbnails