Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lost



There were a lot of things I used to do on a regular basis which have now completely disappeared from my schedule of activities. Reading is something I miss the most. I had started reading 'The Day of the Jackal' by Frederick Forsyth barely a week before coming here and I'm still stuck at page 175 (I was at 154 when I left!). Part of the reason for that is my inability to sit in my room for long durations of time. I'm still using my room just as a place to keep my stuff and for performing activities related to maintaining basic hygiene. I sometimes sneak in a few hours of sleep as well. It is never occupied for more than 6 hours in a day (8 hours tops) on weekdays. Even when I'm there I prefer to channel surf or listen to music because by the time I reach the place the brain has usually given up and reading has become a highly complex task. I also miss reading the newspaper first thing in the morning. The first thing I do in the morning these days is curse myself for being late again.

I also miss following all my favorite sports. Cricket is a default favorite, we grew up on it (also I think that it is the only game I know inside out that's why following it is much easier). I don't even know when the matches are scheduled these days. But I don't miss it as much as Football. I haven't watched a single match from start to finish in the past three months. Oh the horror, the shame! Used to follow Tennis, Formula1, NBA and had just started following Golf (yes that's right, GOLF). The only thing I've been able to watch from start to (almost)finish is the final of the Australian Open, but I would rather not talk about it.

I used to have stuff to write about. I would just start typing a post in the middle of a very boring day or just a pick a piece of paper and start writing something. Nothing cheers me up more than writing down a few random paragraphs. I miss my old blog.

I miss my computer. It was ancient and in dire need of upgrades, but my dad thought I would just waste more time with it and my brother would not be able to concentrate on his studies (he was right). But I still loved spending hours on it doing maintenance work, organizing my Music Library (in excess of 2000 songs) and surfing the net at will. I miss limitless access to the web a lot.

I miss the weekends at home the most. Not that the weekends here are bad, but they were something else.

2 comments:

fungus said...

AWW, siddu, and let me list the things i miss about u the most:
1. your incredible love for good food
2. your love for sci-fi, aliens and other things i hold dear :))
3. agony-uncle advise
4. your ability to laugh at my jokes
5. your brilliant creativity and good humor
6. a gabizillion magizillion other things that just won't fit!!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yashasvi Diptivilasa said...

yeah, i can understand why u would miss your free reliance unlimited internet! :P
:D

Related Posts with Thumbnails