Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another week gone

It's almost like I'm counting down the days to the time I get the option to go home for good. It's only been just over a month since my year long stay in this place far away from home began. The first month was sort of fun, but the past week has been more than just difficult. Homesickness in it's purest form. Had an excuse to go home for only a day, one of my oldest friends Vishal was getting engaged, in a hurry if I might add, and to be honest I almost went even though he had given me only a day's notice. I even checked out tickets and stuff but it was just too short notice. And my family was holidaying in Shimla at the time. So whatever chances I did have (1 in a million also counts), it just wasn't supposed to happen. Oh before I forget, congratulations to Vishal and Shradha, all the best to you both, promise to be there for the wedding!

Anyways, so now I have to wait till September end to go home. It's so far away! The initial euphoria(?) of owning a new house, setting it up and enjoying it has worn off I guess. I still like where I live, but that's about it. There's nothing to do here. Either stay home or go to work. All the friends I made during the past 6 months or so have disappeared save one or two. Had become so used to that way of life. I've rambled about this before so no point repeating it. What hasn't changed is that I still miss my friends back home, even more so now. Have mentioned that too. I'm running out of things to crib about?! Impossible!!

Then there's work. The burden, the pain, the agony of it all. There's so much to do in so little time that I waste half the time worrying about it. I can't even get myself to sit down and read the next Forsyth (also finished The Negotiator) because I keep saying to myself I should be studying instead. Then, there's other important stuff I should be devoting time to but I won't even mention it because I haven't given it any time at all for almost a month now.

Since the three of us have only laptop between us, we have to give everyone there share of the time to use it. Some days, when the others are busy somewhere else and it's completely idle, you just don't know what to do with it. Wait online for a while for someone to show up and chat with, but for how long. And I can't spend hours on Facebook taking stupid quizzes or playing worthless games (except Scrabble, though I am in need of a good amount of practice). Even tired of listening to the same old music on my phone. One of these days I'm going to delete it all in a fit of frustration and then cry later. Or maybe I won't. My ears will certainly enjoy it (I think I'm going deaf in the left ear due to over-exposure).

My phone bill is going through the roof too. Can't seem to sit idle for even half an hour (the TV is no good either these days, something is really going wrong with this world), tend to call up random people sometimes. I hope I don't stall unnecessarily when the other person wants to hang up, I don't mean to (gulp, the BILL). Could that be a reason why I lot of people don't even attend my calls? Nah, now I'm just being silly. It's 2 a.m. already, have to get up early but don't feel like sleeping. Hate going to work in the morning. Guess that's enough babbling for now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails