It's a funny thing. It defines the way you look at things around you and how you react to them. It can also be affected very easily, just takes that one word that someone says or that one thing that someone does to turn it on it's head. The way one perceives things is a good measure of one's personality.
When you get involved with something and apply yourself to it, you start noticing things that might have otherwise been ignored. For eg., when I got involved with Free Radical (the college magazine), things like the paper quality, coloured/B&W pages and page layout etc became the things that stood out for me. Even now, when I pick up a piece of printed material I notice these things, I try to guess the paper quality and make calculations about how much it would've cost. I will never pick up another book or magazine or newspaper or anything that is printed/published and be able to look at it in any other way.
They say that the first impression is the last impression. That could be true if you meet the person only once or twice, but as you get to know a person that impression usually changes. If you disliked the person when you first met then it will take more time to get past that impression than what it would take if you'd liked the person in the first meeting. As your interaction with the person continues, you think you can see shades of the personality of someone you know very well in that person and your perception of that person accordingly changes.
I've known people and my perception of them has changed over time until I can safely say that I KNOW the person. That's when my perception of that person has reached a stage from where it takes something disastrously huge to alter it again. I know a lot of people but I really KNOW only a few people. Or so I think.
Now I'm wondering how many people can say that they KNOW me. I hope there are a few, but not too many either because then I would be too gullible or something, won't it? Who cares! Right?
When you get involved with something and apply yourself to it, you start noticing things that might have otherwise been ignored. For eg., when I got involved with Free Radical (the college magazine), things like the paper quality, coloured/B&W pages and page layout etc became the things that stood out for me. Even now, when I pick up a piece of printed material I notice these things, I try to guess the paper quality and make calculations about how much it would've cost. I will never pick up another book or magazine or newspaper or anything that is printed/published and be able to look at it in any other way.
They say that the first impression is the last impression. That could be true if you meet the person only once or twice, but as you get to know a person that impression usually changes. If you disliked the person when you first met then it will take more time to get past that impression than what it would take if you'd liked the person in the first meeting. As your interaction with the person continues, you think you can see shades of the personality of someone you know very well in that person and your perception of that person accordingly changes.
I've known people and my perception of them has changed over time until I can safely say that I KNOW the person. That's when my perception of that person has reached a stage from where it takes something disastrously huge to alter it again. I know a lot of people but I really KNOW only a few people. Or so I think.
Now I'm wondering how many people can say that they KNOW me. I hope there are a few, but not too many either because then I would be too gullible or something, won't it? Who cares! Right?
2 comments:
Perception is a very funnyy thingg must sayy...
Even when you interact with a person quite so often and on a day to day basis.. doesn't mean that you would know the person completely..
Yes first impression is the best and the last impression .. This is soo true.. when you go to buy a book.. first you check out the cover and then read the abstract behind.. and think of buyin it..
But then again should never just judge a book by its cover ;)
nice to know u write posts out o discussions we hv n den dnt evn mention me!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment