Meanwhile, it started pouring outside and the weather was pleasant and cool. Anyways, so I watched the highlights for some time and then I had to do my chores, i.e. vacuum cleaning the furniture. I hate that job. Immediately after that, I took a nice cool shower and then had breakfast with the family in front of the idiot-box watching the repeat telecast of a stupid game show. Then dad started watching something me and my bro weren't interested in so we moved out to the living room. We watched Swades, The Return of Hanuman and Bhootnath simultaneously, i.e. switching between ad breaks. We mostly watched Swades, it's a very good movie. The actress, Gayatri something I think, is so pretty and graceful and A R Rehman's music is top notch as usual. Plus it has a great story and some very touching scenes, like the one when SRK is on his way to collect rent from some farmer who lives far away and he has to travel by train and bus and boat and what not and he gets the complete picture of how things are around here. If you think about it, a normal Indian person wouldn't think much about a small boy selling water at the railway station under a blistering sun trying to earn a living. But it brought SRK, an NRI who had lost touch with the I, to tears. The movie was shot brilliantly too, it had this documentary touch to it which made it seem all the more real. Both Hanuman and Bhootnath are purely kids' movies. Bhootnath was OK, atleast the parts I saw were, while Hanuman had some really good sequences, in sync with the modern day and age and dipped in religious lessons at the same time, a very good concept.

A R Rehman's music lingered on and I had to listen to it again and again on the computer. My internet connection had broke down last night and was still refusing to give in to the constant efforts of the Customer Care people for hours on the phone, who were giving me instructions on how to TRY and fix the connection by myself first and then handing it over to the "concerned department" to look into the matter. The only good part about that hour long conversation was that the guy at the end of the line had to hold as much as I did, thanks to my super ancient super slow machinery. It was sort of a blessing in disguise because I actually listened to music after a very long time. I had soft melodic numbers in the playlist and sang along for quite a while (the volume was too loud I guess because noone was complaining about my singing). Coupled with the great weather outside, it was very peaceful.
My brother got fed up with the TV and asked me if I wanted to play a game of Chess. I hesitated at first, because I normally lose to him, but then I thought why not, it's been quite a while, just might be fun. It was. We had a good game. I made the usual early mistakes and he took control of the game. Then I managed to sneak in a move which he didn't notice and I had him at my mercy from then on. Alas, I got carried away and he came back with a bang. I could've recovered but one bad move is all it takes. Anyways, it was fun and I think we're going to have a few more games in the time to come.
After that I went for a ride on my recently repaired bicycle. It felt so strange when I first sat on it, it's been almost a year! The weather was still nice by God's grace and the bike ride was as much fun as I'd hoped it would be. I also took a long walk while talking to some friends. Another friend got a PS3 and I still haven't seen it in the flesh. Need to take out time one day and get my hands on that gorgeous piece of machinery.
I came home and the net started working after some effort and here I am writing all this down. Had a quiet dinner in between and chatted with a few people too. That's all folks! :D
P.S. - On a highly immodest personal note, I like the movie Swades for one more reason. You know those stupid serial SMSes that ask you to do stupid things and ask your friends to do it too? Well, in the era of almost free messaging, I had once got a message from a friend asking me to tell him the movie character that suited him best. When I asked him the same for me, he said SRK in Swades reminded him of me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment