Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Minutes After Midnight

Yawn.

I'm sitting in the GEC (I like to call it the Gecko, GEC takes much more time to pronounce), the clock shows 01:40 am and I don't feel like studying any more. I have some company here so I don't feel like going back to my room. I actually hate my room. I hate calling it "room". It is supposed to be home, but it feels weird calling it home. I would call it home, but most of my friends have lived in hostels and they call it room and so it just follows. I am usually the last person to go home, I mean to my room, every night and it's not just because my block is on the far end of the campus, I just don't like to stay awake inside my room with nothing to do. The beautiful LCD TV is useless to me because I hardly watch anything on it. My aim everyday is to reach the damn place so late and so tired that all I can do is sleep (or occasionally watch the late night edition of Seinfeld and then sleep). In the morning, I get up late which is good in a way since I spend less awake time in my room.

I find it suffocating, no offence to the ventilation department, it's a psychological thing. If there is even one more person in the room, it is a completely different place to be in. Then it feels like you are on a vacation and staying in a nice hotel room. Like right now, the two of us are the only people left in this huge hall of a classroom but it doesn't feel weird (just a little bit, I'm supposed to be studying).

Enough about the room now, it is pretty depressing. I miss home. I've spent my entire life at home (i.e. never stayed away from family during any phase of my education ever, thank god for that!) and this is pretty unbearable for me now. It's just been about three weeks and I felt like going back by the end of the first week itself. Everytime I sit down to have a meal, I miss home the most. My mom is the best cook in the world and she has spoilt me to such an extent with great food throughout my life that nothing else seems to live upto my expectations. I have never eaten non-veg food so regularly ever in my life and had never thought that I would come to the point of hating it.

It's about 02.30 am now so in classic soap opera style:

To be continued.............

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails