"Nice guys finish last". I completely disagree.
This post comes as a combination of a midnight screening of the movie 'Shallow Hal' (Jack Black rules!) and an old post I came across on Rindo's Blog. There is also a very famous article about the same which I'm unable to access right now due to the office hours but will definitely post the link as soon as I get access.
According to the general perception, nice guys are supposed to do everything for you without expecting anything in return, they don't mind when you step on them to move ahead, they don't get angry and get into fights over anything, they don't have bad habits, they are caring and sensitive and will listen to you crying and console you even at 3 in the night, they will stand up for you even when you're facing an angry mob alone, they will go out of their way to help you and make you feel better. In short, they do not belong to a species known as Homo Sapiens. We are talking about super-human abilities even Superman would have a tough time handling. But Superman is Superman and since he does not have any problems (can the Kryptonite for now), we can conclude that these abilities just do not exist. Some people can give the appearance of being in possession of these unthinkable powers but actually these people are just too dumb and naive for their own good.
I used to pretend to have these powers as well, until I found my senses and am now enjoying the best of both worlds. I can go as far as to say that I'm breaking the stereotype and I'm not the only one (though we are a very rare species, ask any woman). The primary key (RDBMS module going on) of achieving this state of nirvana is TACT. Humour is the main weapon in your artillery (CounterStrike fever is back) and man it pierces through heavily armoured ego-trucks better than any Tomahawk. Making friends is not exactly a task for the likes of us, but again the key is maintaining the relation over a period of time. A certain level of detachment is like a .5 Magnum with a silencer, big hole no sound. You work on it for sometime, make plans, hang out etc etc and then you wait for the reciprocation (while you spend time with your other friends, I hope you can see the cycle I'm pointing to). Some people tend to compare it to the Sniper, all the mystery and the disappearing acts and stuff but that gives you an idea of the level of attachment they with you. This is WAR my friend and anything goes.
Now coming to the problem which has been sympathised to death, nice guys falling in love. What is the big deal! You like someone you frigging tell them! They start going out with someone else, you start looking elsewhere (or TRY if and when they become available again). Don't become the best-friend-who-loves-you-but-can't-tell-you and be there for them when they have a problem with their love-life and still be in love with them. Get a life! Also, before going for someone use the scope on your Rifle and make sure there's no one else in the vicinity already. Then you can happily swing down from the trees like Tarzan and take your Jane (the chest-thumping and hollering is strictly optional, not advised if you ask me). No point in going after something that isn't there for the taking is it?
See it's simple, all you need is TACT and plain simple logic. Dare you give me the "love knows no logic or boundaries" crap. I will personally come and wipe the entire first floor of the Gecko with that silly grin of resignation which says "I can't help it dude" on your face.
P.S. - No offence to Rindo. Peace (V)
This post comes as a combination of a midnight screening of the movie 'Shallow Hal' (Jack Black rules!) and an old post I came across on Rindo's Blog. There is also a very famous article about the same which I'm unable to access right now due to the office hours but will definitely post the link as soon as I get access.
According to the general perception, nice guys are supposed to do everything for you without expecting anything in return, they don't mind when you step on them to move ahead, they don't get angry and get into fights over anything, they don't have bad habits, they are caring and sensitive and will listen to you crying and console you even at 3 in the night, they will stand up for you even when you're facing an angry mob alone, they will go out of their way to help you and make you feel better. In short, they do not belong to a species known as Homo Sapiens. We are talking about super-human abilities even Superman would have a tough time handling. But Superman is Superman and since he does not have any problems (can the Kryptonite for now), we can conclude that these abilities just do not exist. Some people can give the appearance of being in possession of these unthinkable powers but actually these people are just too dumb and naive for their own good.
I used to pretend to have these powers as well, until I found my senses and am now enjoying the best of both worlds. I can go as far as to say that I'm breaking the stereotype and I'm not the only one (though we are a very rare species, ask any woman). The primary key (RDBMS module going on) of achieving this state of nirvana is TACT. Humour is the main weapon in your artillery (CounterStrike fever is back) and man it pierces through heavily armoured ego-trucks better than any Tomahawk. Making friends is not exactly a task for the likes of us, but again the key is maintaining the relation over a period of time. A certain level of detachment is like a .5 Magnum with a silencer, big hole no sound. You work on it for sometime, make plans, hang out etc etc and then you wait for the reciprocation (while you spend time with your other friends, I hope you can see the cycle I'm pointing to). Some people tend to compare it to the Sniper, all the mystery and the disappearing acts and stuff but that gives you an idea of the level of attachment they with you. This is WAR my friend and anything goes.
Now coming to the problem which has been sympathised to death, nice guys falling in love. What is the big deal! You like someone you frigging tell them! They start going out with someone else, you start looking elsewhere (or TRY if and when they become available again). Don't become the best-friend-who-loves-you-but-can't-tell-you and be there for them when they have a problem with their love-life and still be in love with them. Get a life! Also, before going for someone use the scope on your Rifle and make sure there's no one else in the vicinity already. Then you can happily swing down from the trees like Tarzan and take your Jane (the chest-thumping and hollering is strictly optional, not advised if you ask me). No point in going after something that isn't there for the taking is it?
See it's simple, all you need is TACT and plain simple logic. Dare you give me the "love knows no logic or boundaries" crap. I will personally come and wipe the entire first floor of the Gecko with that silly grin of resignation which says "I can't help it dude" on your face.
P.S. - No offence to Rindo. Peace (V)
1 comment:
ahem, sid...yes, nice guys do ALWAYS finish last!!!!
Post a Comment