Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Days

Those were the days. I'm referring to the extended-training period at Infy. I've never had so much unadulterated unrestricted fun in my life! We would somehow wake up in the morning (at least me, if at all) and rush to class to catch the morning attendance. Then sleep through the rest of the day waiting for the clock to show 5 o clock. That was when the real fun began, the normal fun being chatting on messengers and playing games which were strictly prohibited. We used to go for a swim on some days, which were more popularly known as Swimming classes by Coach Sid (apparently I was the only one among the group who could swim well enough to show others how it's done). It continued for a while but eventually gave way to the pursuit of excellence in a game called NFS Most Wanted. We went crazy over that game. Especially me, Saurabh and Rachit. The three of us used to play it all day long. And thus began the Hostel Nights. Long hours of driving high-end cars running away from cops ending in lavish meals and late night movies and gambling through a fun game called flash and Bournvita and Jagjit Singh Ghazals at 2 a.m. in the amazingly awesome weather and what not. The 2009 edition of IPL only helped this cause further as the evenings bacame shorter and the nights longer. There were times when we used to try to study for the re-tests on the next day (all of us flunked in the actual tests :D as this part of the training was not evaluated, i.e. didn't matter if you failed or passed) but we usually ended up playing cards or NFSMW after 15-20 mins max of looking through boring slides.

After training came the postings and Saurabh and Rachit were posted to Pune before anyone else in our group. They were given just one day notice for packing up and leaving. We weren't complaining too much as this was supposed to happen sooner or later. They left the following evening, and the rest is history.

This post is dedicated to one of my dearest friends Rachit to whom I didn't even say goodbye thinking that I'll be seeing him in the near future anyway.

Miss you brother.
R.I.P.
Cheers! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails