Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleepless

I was so exhausted today, I thought I would collapse as soon as I reached home. But as Murphy would have it, here I am more than 2 hours later, still trying to sleep. And I have to wake up early tomorrow! Listening to music, well not really listening, it's just ringing in my ears. If you ask me what song I just heard, I probably won't be able to tell you. Is it too much to ask for sound sleep after a hard day's work? Spent the entire day staring at the screen, pulling my hair out over a piece of code that just refuses to fall into place the way I want it to. Friggin database is so screwed up, simple queries just don't suffice, have to write entire procedures! Oh and don't even get me started about Microsoft. The software decides it's been open for too long and messes up the output without any changes in the code. After an hour, you give up and just close everything, start it again and voila! %#&@(@&^#%# with a lot of hair pulling and table beating.

Appraisal due next week, doesn't really matter because I haven't completed a year as an employee yet (not even by including training). That should be funny, especially since I'm up right after Mohit who is the "star performer" of our team and my roomie Rochak who is as good, if not better. Looking forward to it (not). There is this Infy-wide competition for Best Team (10 members or less) and my manager asked me to file our nomination, since I'm the unofficially official PR guy of the team (thanks to Rochak who exaggerated to no end how good I was so that his manager wouldn't mind me joining their team, exaggerated doesn't even cut it). It requires 1500 characters (not words, characters, including spaces) on 'My team is the best because' and 'The best team story we have so far'. I wrote such utter crap of supreme quality that I'm proud of it. You can check out something known as a Bullshit Generator, it's hilarious. But mine is better, it's so ridiculous it's awesome! Excerpt - "The senior members act as guiding beacons during any difficulties in matters professional and, if need be, personal. *more crap* The young blood is following suit, showcasing leadership capabilities, taking proactive measures in fulfilling the responsibilities along with sustaining the exponential growth of the development of the team into a highly potent force of academicians." Brilliant, ain't it? Pat on the back for myself. Felt a weird sense of pleasure and satisfaction as I completed this in the evening and sent it to the manager for review, who I'm hoping will love it to bits. That should bring an evil sinister grin to my face. Looking forward to that (really).

Went over to B/Anu's blog, found a cool widget, something that I was actually trying to do myself. But it just shows posts with images, some of the good ones don't have any. Will try and find a way around that. Till then, contend yourself with whatever it shows.

High: Made Pao Bhaji all by myself yesterday, and it was good. And the ridiculous writeup, cracks me up.

Low: Lack of sleep.

Points: 100 to me and 1000 to Rochak for successfully making Macroni on his own. His first real cooking endeavor.

3 comments:

Nandita Mathews said...

scary pic :P

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! This is Anamika Tiwari from Webneetech.com. At present we are interviewing entrepreneurs and now we are starting another section to feature (interview) bloggers and their blog on webneetech.com

We find your blog bit interesting and would like to feature your interview on our website.

I was not able to find any contact details of yours so using this comment box. Please let me know your email id or else contact us on i.webneetech@gmail.com, so that we can send you the questionnaire and feature you on webneetech.com Please visit www.webneetech.com to know more about us.

Regards,
Anamika
Webneetech.com

Unknown said...

For the widget thingy, it does display posts w/o images too, just that those will only have titles to accompany themselves, as you can see on ur page too.. Post pics of the pav bhaji! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails