Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Horror Returns

It is that time of the year again when everything is secondary to a single purpose in life : to pass in the end semester exams. This unfortunate event occurs two times in a year and if all goes well, this would be the penultimate time I'm faced with this monstrosity. By the looks of things, that might be a distant possibility.

The date sheet has been devised in such a way that we can only "revise" in the time between successive papers. Earlier, the exams used to start somewhere in the mid of December so we used to get around 10-12 days to prepare all the subjects. But this time, Satan's little helpers down at the University decided to cut that time short by a week. Now, I have 5 days to prepare 3 subjects completely. The fourth subject being non-electrical and mostly theoretical will have to be covered 2 days before the exam. For the fifth, I have 3 days because it is the only exam with a break that long, it is also the last exam.

So 5 days and three subjects is my immediate problem. Simple calculation puts it at 3 units a day, every subjct comprising of 5 units of 20 marks weightage each. Today was the first of these 5 days and I've covered....ummm...1 unit I think. And the day is over! So I already have a backlog of around 2 units on my first day. Well done!!

The three subjects I'm "working on" right now are driving me against the wall. Power System is totally alien to me, Switchgear looks menacing and manageable at the same time and High Voltage(HV) makes me clench my teeth every time I hear the name. Those bloody idiots in my class opted for this instead of DBMS!! How dumb can you get?!!

Anyway, can't change anything now so will have to fight it out. Immediate change of strategy tells me that if I work on only 3 units per subject right now, it should be close to good enough to pass and then I can work on the rest of the syllabus when I get the time. Sounds good to me.

How I stick to Hope!

By the way: I didn't bell the CAT, it belled my ass. I did ok in Quant and DI, getting 57 by combining both of them. When I add my English score to this total I end up with 54! You do the math now. Still can't believe it though. English!! Of all the subjects ENGLISH!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...exam blues everywhere man....its on my blog too...check it out if u wish too....TC

Related Posts with Thumbnails