Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Keep the cool

Back at the Gecko yet again (where else would I blog from?). We've been working on our project for the PnT module since yesterday now (we=everyone-me, me:started today). I think I got off easy with one of the shortest and probably the easiest part of the project (thanks Jim). Me and a couple of my friends went to Gazebo for a breather a little while ago and were discussing how ill-equipped we are for this training. 4 years of college couldn't make us engineers in our respective fields but these people here are going to make us Software Engineers in what feels like 4 weeks. In college, things were cool. You didn't come to class, didn't study, didn't give exams, didn't do a thing: you still passed (some even with flying colours). That was the life!

Talking about cool, I really wish they had given us mini-refrigiraors for our rooms. Life would have been much much much easier. Like right now, it's something past 3 am. I would reach "home" by 4 am and before going to bed what would be better than opening the fridge and taking out something to eat/drink. Or for that matter at any time of the day. A fridge is the most important electronic device in a house, for me it signifies food and comfort (two of the most important things in my life). You are craving for something but are full to the brim, so you just buy it and store it in the 'MagicBox' for later. You had too much of what you are eating but don't want to throw it away because it would be unfair and insulting. What do you do? Well, keep it in the fridge ofcourse! You hurt your hand after someone bumps into you with their bicycle and it hurts like hell. "Put ice on it", people would advise. But where do you find this miracle cure? Yes! You guys are smarter than I thought.

The reason I miss the Box so much is becuase of milk. It's been two weeks since my last proper glass of milk (even I'm wondering where the time goes!). Buy a pack, have a glass, put it inside without fear of being spoilt when you get back.

There were two of these things in my house! That should give you an idea of what I'm going through.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails