Waiting to give the four-finger salute. The educator seems busy elsewhere. Ah well, they say time is money and since blogging is free, here I am again (confused? :P).
Have you ever looked far into the horizon and wondered how far is the spot you're looking at? I personally prefer the night sky for gazing out into the far reaches of the universe. And for the last two days I have been blessed with one of my favourite sights in the world, clear skies with loads of stars shining bright, so much so that you can actually make out the different constellations and clusters that are supposed to be really really far away. I missed the "smiley in the sky yesterday" and I'm going to have to wait another five years to see it with my own eyes. Then wait I shall.
The thing about the night sky that appeals the most to me is the enormity with which it imposes itself on you. If you can find a spot from where you can see ONLY the sky, preferably the roof/terrace of a building, then you might be able to experience that wonderful feeling of insignificance. Yes you read that right! Insignificance. The universe is big, it is so mind-bogglingly gigantically enormous that you can't imagine how colossally huge it is. You can try, but you can't. When you're looking into the night sky, you're actually looking out into the nothingness of everything. The Earth is like a nanoscopic flea residing on the body of some sort of a multi-cellular lobe living on the speck of dust which is only visible in a beam of light coming through the window of a dark room. No wait, that's too big. I hope you get the idea.
Now, YOU are like that speck of dust (or is it the flea?) in relation to the Earth. Therefore, henceforth, this implies......... This is the point where I think you would be either saying "Ooooh!" or "Damn!" with an upward gaze towards the ceiling or a sinking feeling in the gut coupled with "Yikes!", or a resounding "COOOL!" from the bravehearts.
Now that you're feeling insignificant enough, you can try and put things into perspective. How do you figure into the equation of Life, the Universe and Everything? Do you even matter? Do you even exist?
Have a nice day! :)
Have you ever looked far into the horizon and wondered how far is the spot you're looking at? I personally prefer the night sky for gazing out into the far reaches of the universe. And for the last two days I have been blessed with one of my favourite sights in the world, clear skies with loads of stars shining bright, so much so that you can actually make out the different constellations and clusters that are supposed to be really really far away. I missed the "smiley in the sky yesterday" and I'm going to have to wait another five years to see it with my own eyes. Then wait I shall.
The thing about the night sky that appeals the most to me is the enormity with which it imposes itself on you. If you can find a spot from where you can see ONLY the sky, preferably the roof/terrace of a building, then you might be able to experience that wonderful feeling of insignificance. Yes you read that right! Insignificance. The universe is big, it is so mind-bogglingly gigantically enormous that you can't imagine how colossally huge it is. You can try, but you can't. When you're looking into the night sky, you're actually looking out into the nothingness of everything. The Earth is like a nanoscopic flea residing on the body of some sort of a multi-cellular lobe living on the speck of dust which is only visible in a beam of light coming through the window of a dark room. No wait, that's too big. I hope you get the idea.
Now, YOU are like that speck of dust (or is it the flea?) in relation to the Earth. Therefore, henceforth, this implies......... This is the point where I think you would be either saying "Ooooh!" or "Damn!" with an upward gaze towards the ceiling or a sinking feeling in the gut coupled with "Yikes!", or a resounding "COOOL!" from the bravehearts.
Now that you're feeling insignificant enough, you can try and put things into perspective. How do you figure into the equation of Life, the Universe and Everything? Do you even matter? Do you even exist?
Have a nice day! :)
1 comment:
a guide to insignificance in the galaxy??
Post a Comment