Thursday, June 25, 2009

Still more nothing

Time has come to standstill. The days have become longer and the week just doesn’t seem to end. Go to bed every night sulking about the next morning and the thought of going to work and wake up to the prospect of sitting in front of your computer the whole day doing nothing, waiting for the clock to show that I’ve done enough hours so that I can punch out and go home. While away what’s left of the day in front of the TV waiting to fall asleep. Copy. Paste into an infinite loop.

Kritika is finally moving to the U.S. for higher studies. She is worried that we’ll forget her somehow. Yeah right, like that’s possible! It’s been 8 months since I moved away and I’ll be damned if any of you forgot me. Granted you won’t come back to the motherland for more than once a year, but I’ve also just been home once in 8 months. And you hardly know where a person is when you’re talking on the phone or chatting online (though we might be aware of your location when we call you, so don’t expect loooong conversations where people patiently listen to your stories). But rest assured, we will call.

Someone mentioned a birthday party the other day. The thing about this one was that there were around 17 invitees and the birthday girl had decided to take them all out to the best restaurant in town. That’s one brave/rich or stupid girl. Anyways, I was reminded of the parties we used to have. Nandita, Kritika and Garima’s parties stand out in my memory right now. The first two were at Aastha’s place and the third was at Nandita’s. It was just the 8 of us having unadulterated fun for the entire day. And most of the times we didn’t even need a reason to party, we would all just reach someone’s place and spend the entire day there, even cooking the food sometimes (remember the Pao Bhaji people?). Those were most definitely the best days of college. Sigh…….

There was one more thing I had wanted to write about but it escapes me at the moment. Had thought about 4 things to write about last night when I was sitting outside the house at midnight because there was a blackout (they’re becoming too frequent these days, and it’s not like the temperature’s soaring or anything so you have load shedding, there is hardly any load! What’s there to shed?) for an hour or so. The one day I sleep early, I have to wake up in the middle of the night and squat mosquitoes while waiting for the fan to turn back on.

5 comments:

kritika said...

sid ! i seriously think u were born in the wrong century!!! ur just toooooo sweeeettttttt!!!
One bear hug to u !!! and i;ll miss u loadsssssssss

ArkAngel said...

Awwww Sidiiii!!!
I miss those parties at my place too!! :'(

Love you loads!!!

Unknown said...

@kritz
not more than we'll miss you :)

@aastha
love u too :-*

Yashasvi Diptivilasa said...

Pao Bhaji at Aastha's place = LEGENDARY! I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life!

Unknown said...

post-eat-all-you-can-and-some-more-home-cooked-legendary-pao-bhaji high-five! :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails